Thursday, February 11, 2010

Post-"Snowmageddon"/Thursday Night Notes

Snow sucks.

Friday night into Saturday midday was bad enough, but on top of that snow, we folks in Kutztown received a fresh blanket Tuesday night into Wednesday midday. 28 inches total? I've seen enough snow. I'm moving to Florida. Perhaps the only thing good to come from the "Snowmageddon" was the outlandish and totally welcomed two full school days canceled. This kind of thing never happens, especially here in Pennsylvania. Whatever, no complaints from me about that. However, digging my jeep out the street sure wasn't fun earlier tonight. Sorry to the community of Kutztown for pushing my snow back out into the street. I had to get to the Student Union building to plan our show for tomorrow night. Oh, and while we were buffeted with white powder, my housemates and I built an epic snow fort and invited all our friends up to christen it. We also drank excessively and threw our empties in the woods. College kids will be college kids. Okay, onto the notes:


+ Holy Spring tours!: Arctic Monkeys, Juilan Casablancas, Phoenix, and The Tallest Man On Earth.

+ New Japandroids tune: "Art Czars".

+ New live She & Him track. It was played on the radio. How fun.

+ Yeasayer played Jim's favorite tune of 2009 on Fallon last night. Behold "Ambling Alp".

+ Thom Yorke is going to remix Major Lazer?

+ Bonnaroo line-up looks great so far.

+ Grizzly Bear and Arcade Fire found their way into the ears of Super Bowl viewers. Google had a sick ad, too.

No comments: