Monday, October 5, 2009

New Vampire Weekend - "Horchata"

Salute! Drink up that which Wikipedia defines as "[a] name for several kinds of traditional beverages, made of ground almonds, sesame seeds, rice, barley, or tigetnuts (chufas)," because Vampire Weekend is giving us a studio taste of their latest, "Horchata". It's a good one, folks. No guitars on this number. And how long have we been waiting for new material from this major buzz band anyway? Answer: too long. Say what you will about these kids, but Contra will be, if it isn't already, one of the most anticipated records in recent years. It comes out 1/12 on XL. These kids stand a chance (sorry, I couldn't help myself).

Vampire Weekend - "Horchata"

That's an Ivy League lingo if I ever heard one. There's so much good stuff coming out right now and I know I've got a lot to blog about, but it's a Monday and I'm going back to enjoying Ezra Koening in Discovery's "Carby". What a great age for music, no?

No comments: