Saturday, October 3, 2009

Commercials That MUST Die

Hey folks. It's been a while, has it not? Nothing too exciting has been going on in the indie rock world this week, with the exception of Thom Yorke and Flea's new band project. Jim had the show to himself yesterday. And for me, I actually left Kutztown on Wednesday to come back home to New Jersey. A family member passed away. He lived long and well, all the way to 92. This man was always as sharp as tack. So I've been slacking with the blog this week. I'll start up again on Monday, when I head back to school.

Anyway, it's time for another random post about things that irritate me. Today, it's commercials that MUST die. Now. Ugh...these commercials make me want to break my TV, then go on a fighting rampage. Here are just a few:

The latest Papa John's and Pizza Hut commercials



Papa John tries to come off as a man of the people (little girl's soccer teams and frat boys, rather), by showing up uninvited and giving people cinnamon flavored pizza or whatever. I bet he's an ass of a boss. Just comes off that way. And also, in the newest one that I couldn't find, this little girl who goes "your pizza is the story of my life" - what an awkward and stupid comment to make. How can pizza be this 9 year old girl's life? I hope she's embarrassed.


Jim Breuer is at his most annoying in this new one from Pizza Hut. "JACKPOT!" - yes, that catchphrase will catch on, Pizza Hut. And what sucks is that it airs EVERY commercial break, no matter what show, on Comedy Central. I'm usually watching Comedy Central at night for South Park and Futurama, and nothing takes me more out of my funny mood, then "JACKPOT!" Damn good pizza, though.

Palm Pre Ginger Girl


Why is she the model for this thing? She's so pasty and creepy that I just want to cry. She gazes at you, like she's undressing you with her eyes. But what she's really doing, is putting you through an awful commercial. Sometimes a tan is a good thing.

KGB answers your dumb questions


I hate these two idiots. But I hate the people who use KGB (are there people who do it?) even more. It's so ridiculous. You don't know the answer to a question? Well shit, use Wikipedia, don't spend a dollar texting it to some crappy cell phone service. However, I will say this: at least we're nearing the end of those ringtone commercials. I hope to God Jamster went out of business.

Flo...from Progressive


I despise this woman the most. These commercials need to stop. Flo sucks. She's so awkward and unfunny. She isn't the slightest bit witty or cool or even "nerdy cool". I don't even know what else to say. These commercials are endless, on every station, and I just think the world would be a better place if she got replaced. I'll take anything over her. She annoys me beyond belief.

Those were just some of the commercials that piss me off. Do they make you want to pull your hair out, too? Let us know!

No comments: