Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Music Video: Weezer - "I Want You To"

Despite what jaded music junkies might believe (or hope to believe), good bands can redeem themselves. Good bands can also make good music videos after more than 15 years into their career; it can most certainly be said for Weezer. They've got a new video out for their upcoming album Ratitude, which I'm sure you've heard by now, has it's title inspired by Rainn Wilson (Dwight from The Office, US version). This video shows the gang playing "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" for 4 kids at what appears to be a desolate county fair, then all of the guys encounter a beauty, and try to win her heart. There's some blood and some laughs, but the important message comes at the end, and it's the classic standard: bros before hoes. Some longtime Weezer fans seem to not hate this one so much - and why should they? It's a good tune. And the video is a cool twist on the usual 1950s spoofs. See for yourself:

Weezer - "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To"


Their videos never disappoint me. Ratitude is out November 3rd, via Geffen.

No comments: