Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Motion City Soundtrack - "Disappear"

Who remembers MCS? I do. Commit This To Memory was one of my favorite records during my junior year of high school, back in 2004. The songs seemed just right for a lovestruck high school hotshot (so I thought) who was weary about the following year, let alone the next day. Teenage angst, for sure. But now that I'm older, I can look back on those days and be thankful I had those uncertain and awkward experiences. Anyway, Minneapolis, Minnesota's Motion City Soundtrack are gearing up to release My Dinosaur Life, their fourth full-length since 2007, in the near future. Standard delay from album to album. The latest recorded song for the record is "Disappear". The iTunes explicit track is typical MCS work. Nothing new, nothing shocking. But loud from the start, and something to be happy about. The lead singer's had his struggles in life, but the band seems to be his rock, and his creative outlet. I, for one, am ready for new MCS material.

Motion City Soundtrack - "Disappear"

1 comment:

Dude With The Headphones said...

it's your fault i like'em so much Big Jim. ever since the indie frequency...