Thursday, August 27, 2009

Death Cab Confirms Track For "New Moon"

I'll level with you: I'm not a big reader. I don't like literature or poetry. Throw in self-help books, computer manuals, or gravestones. The one exception: blogs. Because they are flashy and have pictures, unlike boring novels. Speaking of novels, have you read this Twilight stuff? I sure haven't. But if it's about teenagers and vampires, then I know for sure it's garbage. Anyway, they made a movie out of the first book in the series, and with the second movie on it's way, Seattle's Death Cab For Cutie have confirmed that they will be releasing a single for the new flick (New Moon). So you can now put them up there with Radiohead and Bon Iver as contributors to the OST. Death Cab's song is called "Meet Me On The Equinox" and not me, nor anyone else, knows what it will sound like. I, for one, enjoy the darker side of Death Cab, so I think I'll accept this one with open arms. One can only hope. Here's a classic moody number:

Death Cab For Cutie - "I'll Follow You Into The Dark"

They will premiere the it on MTV.com during the Video Music Awards, September 13th. I guess we'll get our answers then.

No comments: