Monday, July 6, 2009

The Most Annoying Song Of The Summer

Hey, how's your summer going? Mine's going okay. But enough about me, let's get on with this thing:

Here on the blog, we sometimes like to rant about bad music. Really, really bad music. However, this is bittersweet. For you see, the song we're going to feature is from a once respected duo of musicians (including one slamming hot lead vocalist). They had a terrific, funky single out in late 2008, but their latest tune is now hitting mainstream radio and destroying the group. And what an annoying song this is. Lyrically, it's up there with "My Life Would Suck Without You" or "I Know You Want Me" for quite possibly the year's worst poetry. If this particular group busts this tune out at All Points West, I'm going to lose my mind, by blasting a shotgun shell through my skull. Rest assured, they're going to play it. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the most annoying song of Summer 2009:


The Ting Tings - "That's Not My Name
"

And just for shits, here was the most annoying song of last summer:


Duffy - "Mercy"

No comments: