Monday, March 30, 2009

All Points West Announced! Praise Jersey!


Holy shit.

Folks, Jersey is known for a few great things in rock 'n' roll: The Boss, naturally. And with that comes The Stone Pony. We also got Billy Joel, Yo La Tengo, Taking Back Sunday, and some idiots that call themselves My Chemical Romance. Now that's just a small handful. And recently, Jersey City (New York City's awkward cousin from across the pond) has opened up it's gritty arms to The All Points West Music & Arts Festival. Now last year, it was headlined by Radiohead and Jack Johnson. Impressive, Newj. Though I'm sure most people left after Radiohead corrupted the guidos who thought they were heading to a legit beach site. So anyway, this line-up looks great. Stereogum's got the rap. $199 for the whole weekend, $89 for any which specific day. My money's going on Saturday. Kool Keith, Tokyo Police Club, The Ting Tings, Arctic Monkeys, Gogol Bordello, (Tool), and most importantly, TIM & ERIC, all in one venue, is going to fucking rule. Sorry for the rash language, but we are talking about great music in New Jersey here. I am putting my cash down Friday, April 3rd, which is when tickets go on sale. New Jersey and All Points West, I have a feeling this once small fest is going to continue to blow up and gain more credibility, especially with this magnificent weekend line-up. It's going to be a sick summer!

(Plus I'll be 21. I will be poor, if not homeless, but next September.)

Radiohead brings "Idioteque" to Jersey City back in '08.

No comments: