Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sonic Youth Brings "No Way" To Late Night!

Folks, I'm cleaning out my iTunes. It's such a strenuous task. I've gone through 10,000 tunes and limited my library to 6,000, so that I can potentially save my very old laptop's feeble existence. During this process, I began wondering why I have such a headache, beyond the mission at hand. I realized that I got awful sleep last night and had to deal with the Spanish language this morning. Well after a nice afternoon nap, I have to admit, it was worth staying up late. This is because Sonic Youth brought "No Way" off their latest and 16th album The Eternal, to Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.



What a dangerous group. So talented, even after all these years. Kim Gordon is still one of the sexiest women in rock 'n' roll and Thurston Moore can still captivate a crowd with a mighty and youthful fury. The way the band is able to distort their sound to make beautiful 21st century noise on their instruments is unparable by any other rock band today. This has prompted me to go pick up The Eternal at my local record store right away, which is out now via Matador Records. Last night's programming has also prompted me to add "7th Floor West", Fallon's own satire of reality television, to my favorite TV shows on Facebook.

No comments: