Thursday, June 11, 2009

Remaining Summer Concerts

Okay, so maybe the summer hasn't officially begun yet. It's still another week or so, right? Can't tell. Mostly because it rains here everyday. What a drag. The Shins kicked off my summer concert series, how about yours? Here's what I got remaining. These shows are the reason why I have no money, that and my paychecks going towards late night Quick Check runs or 30's of Pabst Blue Ribbon (warm) on the weekends. Thursdays included. So tonight.

Mike Pop's Summer Shows:

July 11. Supervillians, English Beat, and Reel Big Fish. Starland Ballroom. Sayreville.
(Summer of Ska is back! And whoa - The English Beat! Let's here is for 80's ska!)


August 1. Tim & Eric, Cool Kids, Kool Keith, Tokyo Police Club, Arctic Monkeys, Ting Tings, Tool, and more. All Points West Festival. Jersey City.
(My first-ever "music and arts" festival. Though I'm only going to one out of the three days, this line-up seems to satisfy both me and the friends I forced into coming.)


August 26. Taking Back Sunday, Weezer, and Blink 182. PNC Bank Arts Center. Holmdel
(Ladies and gentlemen, Blink 182 FINALLY returns to New Jersey (as a band and not with those horrible post-Blink bands they tried out for a few years) and they're bringing opening acts that can hold the main stage all themselves. This will end my summer, so I hope these guys can all still deliver.


Updates to come. Keep it here.

No comments: