Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another MTV Screwing Music Situation

They've done it again. MTV found another way to make sure no music videos are played on their station or any others in the MTV/Viacom family. This time it's with MTV2, which I used to hold in such high regard, until the ended music countdowns, ended the Subterranean production crew, ended being cool, and ended being anything worth watching (what the fuck is "Bully Beatdown" and what does that have to do with music television?)

The other night, as I was in bed, trying to get comfortable, I turned on MTV2 to see Beavis and Butthead. "All right", I thought. Some vintage programming and fairly funny, if I say so. I like dumb humor. But MTV2 found a way TO EDIT ALL MUSIC VIDEOS OUT OF BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD. Now the show just looks retarded without any cutaways and you start to understand how stupid the show really is without them. Why get rid of the music? We enjoyed the banter. We enjoyed the two dimwitted teens comment on both mainstream and underground videos. Shit. Why?

MTV sucks. Fact. Now I will go dig a hole in my backyard and bury myself. Here's a classic B&B music video clip for your entertainment:

"Let's get a little mellow" with Radiohead.

No comments: