Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bloc Rocks Letterman

"Never mind Hugh Laurie, here's The Bloc Party!"

Bloc Party took over the last five minutes of The Late Show with David Letterman last night. In fact, I had no idea they were going to be on. I thought I had my Bloc fill, until Jim texted me and told me to tune it. So I did, and I hoped to hear "Signs". Instead, I got "One Month Off". Fair trade. Anyway, I miss the days when the bands were interviewed. I don't care how shy they are - Russel, you best speak when spoken to! So their version last night was what one can honestly expect in front of a crowd that doesn't know the music or moves around at all. Kele's vocals were clear; though I sensed some strain. Everyone else was at their peak. Kele also went into some gross, girly-high pitched voice during the "Lies, lies, lies!" part, like he did at the live show in Philly. I'm not so thrilled about that, but you know what, it's something new. And here's something that's not new: Stereogum beat us to the punch, although they're pretty much raving over the fact that Bloc's "Intimacy" is going to be remixed, like "Silent Alarm" was a few years back. Promising development. Here's the video. Peace.

I'm still iffy about the album art. I miss the woods!


The official video:


P.S. Apparently Morrissey was on Jimmy Fallon's show. I could not stay up late enough, nor get through the awkward monologue in the beginning, to see it.

No comments: