Thursday, December 11, 2008

Revisted: Top 30 of 2007!

Well folks, to be blatantly honest, I miss two things: blogging, and the year in music 2007. It was the greatest year in which I've been musically active that great stuff came out. Heavy hitters came out with some great work, while in 2008, a bunch of new bands brought new dimensions to the genre. Now, I will be doing another Top 30 this year; and only 30 because that's a pretty nice number, don't you think?

Anyway, here was my list last year. It's fun to be nostalgic. Sometimes.

Mike Pop's Top 30 Songs of 2007

1. Bloc Party – I Still Remember
2. Modest Mouse – We’ve Got Everything
3. Arcade Fire – No Cars Go
4. Bloc Party – Cain Said To Abel
5. The Shins – Phantom Limb
6. R.E.M. – Orange Crush (Live)
7. Arcade Fire - Intervention
8. Bruce Springsteen – Radio Nowhere
9. Against Me! – Stop!
10. Interpol – No I In Threesome
11. Tokyo Police Club – Citizens Of Tomorrow
12. Motion City Soundtrack – Can't Finish What You Started
13. Big D & The Kids Table – She Knows Her Way
14. Tegan & Sara – Nineteen
15. Bright Eyes – Soul Singer In A Session Band
16. Cold War Kids – Hang Me Up To Dry
17. Black Kids – I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You
18. Arcade Fire – Keep The Car Running
19. Aesop Rock – None Shall Pass
20. Rilo Kiley – Silver Lining
21. Muse – Knights Of Cydonia
22. Bloc Party – Hunting For Witches
23. Foo Fighters – Long Road To Ruin
24. Arctic Monkeys – Fluorescent Adolescent
25. Editors – An End Has A Start
26. Smashing Pumpkins – Tarantula
27. Big D & The Kids Table – Noise Complaint
28. Reel Big Fish – Hate You
29. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Weapon Of Choice
30. The Pipettes – ABC





Back in the day, I guess I should have made the countdown going the other way. Oh well. I will correct my errors this year! Stay glued here!

P.S. It's wild to see what you were into just a year ago. Whoa.

No comments: