Tuesday, March 16, 2010

NMTM Returns From Holiday!

Ladies and gentlemen, Jim and I have returned to Kutztown from our Spring Break adventure. Don't expect me to go into detail about all the shenanigans that went down in the tropical island of Aruba for my family and me last week. You'll hear enough of our family vacation during the show this Friday. Jim has some vacation stories as well. You won't want to miss our recap.

I'll admit, it felt great to get away for a while, although it was an absolute killer being away from my computer for so long. You don't know what you have until it's gone. In short, the more prestigious music blogs are blowing up with new music-related posts. Apparently May is going to be a great month of releases. The Hold Steady, The National, and Tokyo Police Club are just a few
Never Mind the Mainstream favorites set to drop new albums. We're crossing our fingers for Arcade Fire and Radiohead for spring releases, too.

Though this is exciting, May also signals the end of our college radio program. Can you believe it's almost been two full years? Let's not think about all this until April.

Anyway, what else do I have to say? I'm virtually broke from paying for my June Bonnaroo trip in advance. I'm also swamped with schoolwork, internship possibilities, and my future in the world of radio, which I'm still optimistic about. For now, I'm taking everything one day at a time to avoid stress overload. I think I'm doing a good job so far.

On a brighter note, Jim and I got word that we may have a special page in this year's yearbook dedicated to us. A friend of ours and fellow English/Professional Writing major, Dan, wrote a piece on our show (and our friendship) that could very well make it into the book. We'll keep you updated.

On that note, I need to call it a night. I've been e-mailing professors and employers all day. I also somehow forced out a six and a half page midterm paper in one hour. It's time to relax. We got a show preview coming up tomorrow on the blog in between our St. Patrick's Day booze fest, so keep it here, as always, on NMTM.
I'll give you a hint: Jim's got practically all new tunes to spin and I've got a hefty supply of jangle pop surprises to unload onto the airwaves. It feels good to be back. Catch you all Friday, 6-8 PM ET on kur.kutztown.edu.

No comments: