Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Thursday Lunchtime Notes

Hey, it looks like Kutztown, PA is going to get hit with even more snow. This sucks. I'm so sick of snow. Is it spring yet? At least it's not sticking to the roads ... yet. I'm currently held up in the Student Union's computer lab because I wasn't high on going to my literature class. Partially because I didn't read the assigned chapters and partially because I don't feel like walking in a winter wonderland any more. Anyway, these "note" posts are pretty lazy and I apologize for my lack of enthusiasm. I tend to get out all my energy doing other things. But, if this is your number one source for indie rock news, then thank you and I hope you are informed. Here are the notes during your lunch hour:

+ New Shout Out Louds record, Work, was released Tuesday. We'll be playing opening track "1999" on the show Friday (weather permitting).

+ LCD Soundsystem has apparently wrapped up recording their new record. Title unknown at this point. They'll be playing the big festivals this summer and touring with YACHT.

+ M.I.A.
has hinted on a new album dropping in June. Of course, this comes from the world's foremost news outlet, Twitter. We'll have to stay glued to the tweets for more information on this one.

+ Vampire Weekend is returning to Saturday Night Live on March 6th. Some say they'll be playing "Giving Up The Gun". I'd rather hear "Diplomat's Son" or "Taxi Cab", but whatever's good. I might stay in that night. Maybe.

+ Thom Yorke's solo band has been named Atoms For Peace. They plan on doing some touring this summer.

No comments: