Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Quick Tuesday Night Notes

Hey all, hope everyone's week was great. Mine was. I saw really crazy things around the community. College kids get a little wild after a few drinks. I saw that first-hand. All in all, good clean fun, for most of us. Here are some quick notes as we start the week (one day late):

+ Our first show of the year was awesome, in my opinion. We had a great time. Check out the recap here.


+ Joanna Newsom. Pretty hype for a pretty chick. Check it out here (all of it).


+ KUR participation, including volunteer work from veterans and newbies, is on the rise. I'm a proud President. More information on we're up to can be found at our web site: kur.kutztown.edu.

+ My review of Vampire Weekend's Contra has made it to the Kutztown campus newspaper, The Keystone. I'll have a link up here to that piece a little later this week. I favorite the record, as if you've been following the blog, you are well aware. It was my first crack at a legit music review so I hope it came out okay in my readers' eyes. You be the judge. Soon.


+ I've really been getting into some Whitest Boy Alive, Kings Of Convenience, and the latest from Tycho lately. SPOILER ALERT: they'll be making their way onto the show, no doubt.

+ I'm starting to become more of a morning person. Weird, I know. But I just turn on some acid jazz, lace up my running shoes and I'm out the door, ready for the day. Try it sometime, it's a great wake up.

That's all for now. Talk to you soon.

No comments: