Tuesday, November 17, 2009

New Album: Echo & The Bunnymen's "The Fountain"

"Love it, hate it, want it, had it, need it, got it..."

Echo & The Bunnymen released their 11th studio album, The Fountain, last month. It's being met with par reception from all sides (mainly UK magazines). I've been waiting on this record for a while, ever since I got jipped out of seeing them at All Points West this summer. There are a handful of really good pop songs on this album. One in particular is "Do You Know Who I Am?". Some of this stuff still sounds like it was made in the 80s, and that is something I love. Check out the band playing the tune live on Later. Not the greatest live performance in the world, but maybe it could've sounded better if frontman Ian McCulloch wasn't so "down-d-down-d-down." (It's better on the album).

Echo & The Bunnymen - "Do You Know Who I Am?"



The Fountain
is out now via Ocean Rain.

No comments: