Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Lack Of Bloggery

Let's take a glance at the numbers. In August, we posted 29 posts. We were heading into the school year and certainly excited for the upcoming semester of KUR programming. In September, we posted a blog high of 35 posts. That's crazy! We should've been writing essays and working on projects for classes instead of blogging, but whatever, we're still alive. Nevertheless, September was an exciting month of new music, the show's semester debut, and other indie rock juiciness. And so here we are. October started out strong, but then we kind of leveled off. Here's the excuse:

My laptop computer, my pride and joy and reservoir of all my music files, went kaput. I should've done something about it in early September when I began to realize how slow it was going. But me, being reluctant to get someone to work on the thing, I ignored the problems and now, it's fried. Apparently, I lost my virus protection and spam blocker (I'm not great with computer terms), and then, it was just attacked. That's the only way I can think of explaining it. I saved most of my important files (thank God), but pretty much all of my music is gone. So now, once I get it re-formatted (after this weekend), I'll have the tedious task of burning CDs BACK onto my computer and iTunes on my hands. It will surely be an annoying, extended, and pain-staking process. I feel for all those who have lost everything to things like this. But I know now that backing up important files is the most vital thing you can do. Something to think about, just in case.

So here I am, in my student union's computer lab, listening to The Beatles' "No Reply" (shuffle on my iPod; it's the only thing that contains all my music now), and typing away, using primitive technology (I think this is Windows ME). But that's the excuse for little posting in recent days. If we're your main source for indie rock news (yikes), refer to Pitchfork or Stereogum. They've got it all. Things have been happening in the world of alt. rock, and they've been doing a great job, like always, of covering the headlines.

In better news, Jim's got reviews coming up of two concerts he saw from a few weeks back (Dead Man's Bones, Bruce Springteen & The E Street Band). Both shows, from what he's told me, were really special and he'll post the reviews with pictures and videos in due time. So keep it here for that stuff.

A full re-cap of our 2009 Halloween show and more will be coming up in the near future. Thanks for being patient with us, enjoy the World Series (you know we will), and we'll talk to you soon.

No comments: