Thursday, November 19, 2009

College Weezer Contest

Hey folks, and good afternoon. Yesterday I received an e-mail from a reader and he filled me on a contest Weezer is having. Here's part of what I received:

"I'm writing about Weezer, who are back with a new album, Raditude, which is in stores now. To celebrate this new release, Weezer will perform a very special show at one very lucky college campus. Exactly which campus is why I'm writing.

The T-Mobile Motorola CLIQ Challenge is a competition to see which community has what it takes to get Weezer to their local campus by voting on Facebook at http://youcastcorp.com/c/82/go/index.php?r=0 . The school with the biggest CLIQ will win a live performance from Weezer... and an award of up to $25,000 - $1 for every vote.

We are looking to spread awareness about this contest, and thought your readers might be interested in helping to get Weezer to play at a campus near them.

Weezer/T-Mobile assets that you can use for your post can be found here: http://youcastcorp.com/cliq/"

So there you have it. You want Weezer at Kutztown? You want Weezer at your university? Well then let your voice be heard! Spread the word, as I am, and you could win this contest. A big thanks for the tip from Angelo of the YouCast Corporation. I like what they're doing over there.

Ratitude is out now via Geffen.

Weezer - "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To"

No comments: