Monday, September 21, 2009

Thurston Moore... Author?

Add that credential to his resume! Thurston Moore, lead singer/guitarist of Sonic Youth and publicly-expressed Gossip Girl fan, is contributing to a book all about grunge rock. He's doing the text for it, though pictures (which is what you really want to see anyway) are taken by Michael Lavens. According to Pitchfork, "This will be the fourth book that Moore has co-written, following No Wave, Punk House, and Mix Tape: The Art of Cassette Culture." So the man's got some history with publications. And let me add that I'd love to apart of that rock star family he's got with band mate/wife Kim Gordon. Oh, also: tickets are sold out left and right for their tour with Dinosaur Jr. I'd give my right hand to be at the next show in New York City.

Sonic Youth
- "Silver Rocket"


Grunge is due out on bookshelves on October 15th.

1 comment:

Drewster said...

Mike'n'Jim, it's Andy P.

Just wanted to drop my show name: "My Show"

There ya go.

PS Do i get bonus points for posting this out of laziness instead of just emailing it?