Wednesday, August 12, 2009

(500) Days Of Summer...Great Job!


I think I've seen this movie before...


All playing aside, this was the best movie I've seen all summer. Walking into the theater was like hipster judgment and evaluation, but once I sat down and the movie began, I really got sucked in. I instantly connected with Joseph Gordon-Hewitt's character, Tom, a love-struck greeting card writer who would rather be drawing up skyscrapers than creating corny "Get Well Soon" cards. Maybe I liked him so much because it's someone I aspire to be, or someone I aspire to be like, or maybe I hope ti go through a similar experience (for better or for worse). Zooey Deschanel is an absolute angel. That's to be expected. She's the cutest thing under the sun and shines in this film as the boss's newest assistance and Tom's crush. Hewitt's friends and co-workers in the movie are also pretty good, too. Definitely some funny moments, including the ever-popular "Penis" yelling game. But I do not want to give this film away at all. That's not nice. And it's because you have to see this movie. Here's the TV spot (though I'm sure you've seen it):



And check out these reviews during this trailer:



I guess the one thing I can talk about is the soundtrack. Was it really much of a shocker that it follows the same format as Garden State? Well it shouldn't be. Sundance film, indie rock actress, music aficionado film crew, etc. The music, itself, is as much apart of the movie itself, and you'll figure that out almost instantly. Like, within the first 10 minutes. Here's the track list. (Enough Smiths tunes? No complaints here, though.):

So can you please do yourself a favor and see this thing? It's funny, romantic, witty, and pretty much what you want for your own life. Or maybe I'm just speaking too much for myself. This tops The Hangover and Transformers 2 on my favorite summer movie list. Let us know what you think!

The Temper Trap - "Sweet Disposition"

You like the HD videos? They're nice to look at, but man do they make our blog look messy.

No comments: