Thursday, June 25, 2009

St. Antlers Real Estate

That was my attempt at a clever title for this post.

Anyway, this is my first real music post in forever, and I am writing about three things I am VERY excited about.


St. Vincent aka Annie Clark aka the Love of My Life (she'll find out soon enough). The thing about Annie is that she performed a song on Letterman last night. Said song is "Marrow" off her new album. Said album is "Actor" and is currently number one on my Album of the Year so far list (it's even ahead of Dark Was The Night). Also, she can play a damn good guitar, she can sing, and she is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sending her flowers as we speak (no I'm not). Thanks to Videogum for the video.



Secondly is The Antlers, a Brooklyn (of course) band who are about to put out one of the best albums of the year in September, "Hospice" I can only describe them as Okkervil River meets Sigur Ros meets Say Hi meets Dntel meets Awesome. They performed the two stand-out tracks from "Hospice" live on NPR. Check the video here.

Lastly, but most importantly, one of the best bands to ever influence shitty bands is reuniting in their original lineup for the first time since 1995. Sunny Day Real Estate's original lineup (Jeremy Enigk, Dan Hoerner, William Goldsmith, and Nate Mendel) put our one perfect album (1994's "Diary") and one unfinished one (1995's LP2). They're embarking on a nation-wide reunion tour, and it seems that I cannot attend due to transportation issues. But if you can, please go, you wont regret it. All dates are posted at sunnydayrealestate.fm.

Thanks to Mike at gnarlysaucemusic for getting me into The Antlers.

No comments: