Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Two For Tuesday!

Well, it's finals week. What does that mean? It means life sucks. You want to drink, party, and be tan for summer, but instead, your stuck in the library or planning your leap out a 12 story building, depending on how extreme you get. And so far, I've only had one final exam - in Electronic Media. Granted I'm retaking the course, but it was still a slap in the face kind of final, just because it was more intense than the Normandy invasion of 1944. That is one course that I will definitely not miss. Sorry Professor, but during class, I mainly counted down the clock, wrote song lyrics, and predicted the next time some nerd would make a stupid audio/video comment. Good lord.

Last night, and yesterday, I guess. I read one of the best Top 50 Greatest Albums of the Past 5 years - I've ever read. Very pleased. Naturally because Arcade Fire won the top lost for Funeral. Damn straight! It's all on Stereogum and the list comes to us via ClashMusic.com. Enjoy it here.

So here's where the last night comes in: The Decemberists were back on The Colbert Report! One of Stephen's finest shows of 2009, I believe. Very funny. I love how he brings indie rock star persons down to a human level by the way of epic bitch out/call out. Musicians need to realize that they're really not hot shit unless fans make them hot shit. Not saying The Decemberists were acting pompous, but you can bet your ass that they do from time to time. I would know, I judged the Battle of the Bands and dealt with the world's greatest musicians ... in the Kutztown area. Gah, spare me. The video should be up somewhere around the Internet soon, but until then, here's a classic video from the Colbert Report favorites. Enjoy.

More music videos like this please? I'm tired of all the seriousness.

Back to finals. Or sleeping. ...Sleeping.

UPDATE!: Here you go, Decemberists/Colbert fans: w00t.

No comments: