Friday, March 13, 2009

Where's My Jim Shearer?

Where's my Jim Shearer? Where's my Jim Shearer? Come on, Jim. Where are you? We need you back on TV. Interview some bands. Hang out in a basement. You know, the old stuff. Where could you be? Starbucks?



Oh, here's my Jim Shearer:


I like the old logo better. Reminds me of music television.

So yes, Jim's back on TV, on VH1, hosting Top 20 Countdown. I'm pretty sure it airs Sunday morning at like ... 9? And I caught it once! Jim's just a goofy dude, hanging out in New York, going to different fests and events that don't apply to the music at all. Like I saw him at a legos or knex display in the city, fucking with the "art" and smiling. I guess he's enjoying his new gig. Different, but hey, we're in a recession. And at least he's got work, even if it's counting down mainstream housewife music. "Here's James Blunt!". Whatever. I like Shearer. Good VJ. Here's a classic clip:

'Tis the season!

No comments: