Wednesday, January 28, 2009

(Real) Music On MTV!...Hits...: Oasis' Hitlist


Take. Oasis.

It's a snow day here in the most agreeable town of Kutztown, Pennsylania. I wasn't sure if I'd have the day off, usually because our school loves to make the kids suffer and travel in harsh and sometimes live threatening conditions. Very typical. However, I took a chance on my scheduling and stayed up late last night. Around 1:30 AM, I turned over to MTV Hits, because I thought to myself, "Hey, sometimes you get lucky; even with MTV." For those who are unawarem MTV Hits plays all music videos, however, it's a digital cable network and not many people get to experience it. But believe me, you're truly not missing out. It's pretty much Akon's, T-Pain's, Ludacris', or Lily Wayne's playlists; all day, every day. MTV loves sucking their dicks. Needless to say, those playlists are utterly terrible; same repetitive bullshit, stolen beats, shitty lyrics about nothing important, etc. But last night, I felt lightning strike. The shock of the lightning: Oasis' playlist (figures it's only on MTV Hits at 1 AM...). The Oasis of today!



I was struggling to stay awake because Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually my busiest days on campus. But I felt inspired to stay up and see what Oasis had in store for the viewers. This was a once in a lifetime treat (isn't that sad?). So I started watching, and from what I can remember, Liam Gallagher, Noel Galllagher, and Andy Bell were the only guys interviewed, talking about their picks for music videos and things like that. It was cool to see the guys lounge around, cuss, and all the jazz, because they really don't get any air time on American television anymore. They had some decent picks, some things I hadn't heard before. Here's what I can recall:

Kasabian - Club Foot
Ian Brown - F.E.A.R.
Super Furry Animals - Golden Retriever
Pink Floyd - Money
The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
The Smiths - This Charming Man
*Noel goes, "The next song is by The Smiths. Because Morrissey's a fucking genius. Marr's a genius. And here it is."
The La's - There She Goes

After that, I think I fell asleep. I woke up this morning to my TV blaring The Pussycat Dolls. MTV Hits disappoints me. But last night's little escapade seemed like more of an intern's meddling than a planned program. Regardless, I enjoyed it very much. Here's a vintage video of Oasis prefoming "Supersonic" on 120 Minutes, though it's played on MTV2 (even that is disgustingly horrible now, as well). Check out Noel's expression and his stance. Priceless. Oasis on MTV Hits last night was exactly what the band is: refreshing.


Oasis - Supersonic (Live)

No comments: