Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The NMtM Crew Is Back @ The Big KU!


BELIEVE IT.

Hello all. This is the return...of THE BLOB!


I meant BLOG, not BLOB. Either or: scary stuff.

Well, another semester of college is at foot. Jim's tackling his last semester as a sophomore and I'm finishing out my junior year. Things are getting hectic already - meaning, crazy class schedules, the workload piling on, and stress out the wazoo. Kind of sucky, right? Not fair, eh? I agree. It has to get done though. My schedule makes me feel like an old man who hates his cubicle job, basically because I have a class in the same room for 4 HOURS! Insane. And that's the way my mind will go after the third week...probably.

I'll tell you what's a great relief: Rock Band 2.

Rock-rock-rock-a-way beach!

Rock Band 2 is an amazing game. I feel like such a freeloader because I just play my friends games, but I think I'd go out and buy a brand new video game system just for this game if I had to. Luckily, I got good, sharing friends. So many good songs. Here are my Top 5. Granted you can download more, but hey, Christmas season just ended!

5. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Where'd You Go? (Rock band ska? Been a long time comin'!)
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
3. The Replacements - Alex Chilton (Thank the good Lord this song made the game.)
2. Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
1. Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer (Oh, Jersey.)

Agree? Disagree? Play the game and let me know what you think!

In Never Mind the Mainstream related-news, and KUR news, I guess: Jim and I have sent in our free times and should know when we're on by next week. Let's cross our fingers that it's the same timeslot - that's prime time! KUR has a lot of enthusiastic kids on board and we're going to try out some new ideas, which I'll post on this blog. But in the mean time, go to the web site and click through the forums. Let's make those forums light up with posts, ya' know?!

We're glad to be back online and posting again. We're going to try not be lazy, but what do you expect? We're college kids. I'd rather have a beer then type more than I had to...unless something was on my mind. Haha.

Show reviews to come! As well as Jim's lists! Keep it here at this blog for awesome indie, alternative, and radio news! Peace!

P.S. I met John Mayer and Rob Thomas around Christmas time with 95.5 WPLJ out of New York City at some children's hopsital benefit. I'm such a nice guy for volunteering. No modesty on this blog. Anyway, John was eh... like most of you would predict, but Rob was cool. He called me brother (Hulk Hogan - sue him! You need the money!). He was once an alternative rock artists, right? 3 A.M.? Push? Smooth? Meh. I'll post a picture soon, if I can find one.


YAIS! U CAN HAZ BLOG!

No comments: