Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Today's Haiku

"worked so hard, so long
now, it seems, the end is nigh
also, i'm hungry"

11 Songs for The End of the World
(That aren't "It's The End Of The World As We Know It")


1. Neutral Milk Hotel - Oh Comely

"Place your body here; let your skin begin to blend itself with mine."

2. Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon

If the sky turns dark and I hear the opening notes to this song, I'm gonna start telling my friends I love them cause it's all over.

3. Bright Eyes - No One Would Riot For Less

"Death may come invisible; or in a holy wall of fire." Come on, how could I not include this?

4. St. Vincent - Apocalypse Song

"So take to the streets with apocalypse refrain."

5. Coheed & Cambria - The End Complete V: On The Brink

As the final song in the Coheed & Cambria history narrative, this song is basically about the very end of existence, and isn't that what this is all about?

6. The Doors - The End

"The end of the laughter and soft lies; the end of the nights we tried to die; this is the end." Yeah, this needs no explanation.

7. Fionn Regan - The End Of History

A nice soft little folk song about, who would've guessed, the end of history.

8. The Hold Steady - Killer Parties

If I can live a moment that makes me feel like I am in this song, I can die happily.

9. Muse - Apocalypse Please

Captures the epic-ness of the end of time perfectly. "Come on, it's time for something biblical; this is the end of the world."

10. Sigur Ros - Ara Batur

This just sounds like film score for the last moments of a dying civilization. Sad, haunting, and beautiful.

11. Radiohead - Idioteque

Come on..."Ice age coming." What kind of list would this be without this song.

No comments: