Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"If this was the Cold War, we could keep each other warm..."

So, I met Josh Ritter yesterday.

He was at the Big KU, handing out flyers for his uncle, who was running for the House of Representatives in the district we happen to be located in. He came up to me and said "Hey, I'm just handing these flyers out, see if you might want to give my uncle your vote." My response was "you're Josh Ritter, aren't you?" He seemed genuinely surprised and glad to be recognized and was a really nice guy. We talked about voting and music for about ten minutes before I let him go to hand out more campaign materials for his uncle. But in all, it just reminded me to post this.

Josh Ritter is a fantastic songwriter. His 2007 album
The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter was near the top of many year end lists, including my own. But enough talk, I'll give you some evidence. If you watch one video today, let it be the fantastic version of 2007's "The Temptation of Adam", which was in my top 5 songs from that year.

"The Temptation of Adam"


"To The Dogs or Whoever"


Covering Springsteen's "The River" (A Must-See)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS JOSH RITTER? Holy shit, now I remember him talking to me too and me taking one of his flyers and not even thinking about it.

I actually thought about it afterwords but didn't tie it together.


Jeeze, he's awesome.