Sunday, September 7, 2008

Video: (Summer Favorites - Part 4)

Part 4 of ??

Radiohead - Videotape


"When I'm at the pearly gates,
This'll be on my videotape.
My videotape.
My videotape."

Now I know we've already had a Radiohead post in our young blog life, but we can't get enough. This song was one of my most played on iTunes in the middle of the summer and it's just beautiful. "Videotape" is a song about death, or entering the afterlife, if you will. It's a reflection on a perfect day, right before your called by the Piper. It's a collection of what has been won and what has been lost, in life. Furthermore, it's about saying goodbye. It's the closing track off "In Rainbows", and rightfully so. It's great modern piano work and very Radiohead-esque moan sessions.

Bask in Radiohead mystery.

"No matter what happens now,
I shouldn't be afraid.
Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen.

No comments: