Sunday, August 31, 2008

We are Standing on the Edge

There are some bands I will be proud to tell my grandchildren about. Some I will not. If I have anything to do with it, my descendants will have no idea who Metro Station or Boys Like Girls Are. And I pray to God if they do find them, they are saddened and disgusted. One band that I will however be quite proud to mention is Radiohead. It is a rare occurrence that I talk to someone who doesn't like some album or some song by Yorke, Greenwood, and Co. Some people hate the electronic aspect of it, but still really like their "guitar music". Some, like myself, just love it all. Now what is the point of this poorly written post? Radiohead had a live web cast from the final show of their American tour on Thursday night. And while classmates and friends were getting drunk and dancing to Girl Talk, I was watching the Democratic National Convention and watching Radiohead live online, which is hopefully not the closest I ever get to seeing them in person. I leave you now, although there is no "you" since we have no readers, with my favorite Radiohead "guitar song" off the brilliant Ok Computer. From the Santa Barbara web cast, here is "Lucky".

No comments: